Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Ferguson on 'Crazy-Man Cruise' [video]

Seeing as this is a slow news day and an Anon over at WWP finding a video clip of Craig Ferguson's stand-up routine ,from the 2009 Montreal Comedy Festival, I think it's time to drag up Tom Cruise's past.

According to People Magazine, Tom doesn't mind. He is quoted as saying, "...There's always cynics, always has been, always will be. I have never worried, Matt, about what other people think and what other people say. You can't."
If you're already familiar with the back story, jump down to the video.

As a refresher, before getting into Ferguson's act, Cruise told Matt Lauer during an interview on the Today Show, he didn't understand the effects of prescribing the drug Ritalin when the host asked Cruise about Brooke Shields (whom Cruise previously slammed for promoting medication to deal with postpartum depression).

The tension between the two men grew when Lauer mentioned how psychiatry helped Shields. "I've never agreed with psychiatry, ever," declared Cruise. "Before I was a Scientologist I never agreed with psychiatry, and when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology." After asserting that, psychiatric drugs only "mask the problem," Cruise continued: "The thing that I'm saying about Brooke is that there's misinformation, okay. And she doesn't understand the history of psychiatry. She doesn't understand in the same way that you don't understand it, Matt."

And what Tom didn't understand, maybe he does now, was that live TV psychotic rants make fantastic fodder for stand-up comedians. Yes, even four years later, the Crazy-man Cruise provides material for Craig Ferguson at the 2009 Montreal Comedy Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment